Commercial Property Insurance for Your Home Based Business

Working from home comes with many unique challenges. One of them is finding the right combination of insurance policies to cover your residential and commercial interests. What policies should a small business owner have for their home-based operation?

The Limits of Your Homeowner’s Policy

Your homeowner’s policy covers everything under your roof, right? Not exactly. Your personal property is covered. If you lose equipment that legally belonged to an incorporated business entity, your insurance company might refuse to pay.

Also, your insurance payout may not be enough to cover any costly equipment or inventory. Repairs or replacements would have to come out of your pockets. Insufficient cash flow is the number one killer of small businesses.

Renter’s insurance policies may not cover property that is stored outside of the building. If you use your yard as a work or storage space, you will need additional coverage.

Home-based business owners need separate policies to protect their business and personal assets. If you’re in the Hope Hills, NC area, the insurance experts at Cross Creek Insurance can help you find the right combination of policies to cover all your important property.

Coverage for Your Business Interests

Some common policies that home-based business owners may need include:

  • Business property coverage to protect your computers, machinery, and inventory.
  • General liability coverage covers your legal costs if your business is found liable for an injury, accident, or other loss.
  • Business interruption coverage pays you when you can’t work your business due to catastrophic loss.
  • Commercial auto coverage ensures your work vehicles.

Depending on the nature of your business, you may need additional policies or endorsements. Cross Creek Insurance serves the insurance needs of Hope Hills, NC area. Our agents can help you customize a combination of policies to protect your life, business, and property.