As an employer, it is your responsibility to make sure that the workplace is safe for your employees. It’s important because healthy conditions promote healthy workers. It also contributes to the overall health of your growing business. The Cross Creek Insurance agents in Hope Hills, NC want you to know a few things you can do to keep your workplace safe.
Keep Your Business Safe
- Clear emergency exits. Every company has emergency exits just in case the primary doors are blocked. Keep those exits free of cabinets, boxes, or clutter to prevent an accident if there’s a fire.
- Use safety equipment. If you handle biohazard, work with construction equipment, or deal with electrical wires, you should properly handle the items and the equipment as directed by your employer.
- Report unsafe conditions. If you see something that could cause an accident, you should tell your supervisor. Such things could include curled carpet ends, spills, or unraveled wires.
- Reduce stress. Stress can cause absenteeism and unhappy employees. Reduce worker stress by making the work efficient and listening to employee complaints. Hold meetings where everyone has a voice and employers can explain big changes collectively.
- Limit physical fatigue and injuries. If you’re in an office environment, keep your back straight when sitting for long periods of time. If you need to lift heavy items, bend your knees, and not with your back.
What Else You Can Do
Accidents can be costly. To avoid paying large settlements, you should have a good commercial insurance policy. Insurance can protect you from paying out a fortune in medical bills and legal fees if an accident happens at your business. Get with the independent agents at Cross Creek Insurance in Hope Hills, NC where you can update the details of your commercial insurance policy.