Types of Home Insuranced You Might Need

There are a few different types of home insurance that you may need that are often attached to where you live. For those that live in Hope Hills, NC for instance, earthquake insurance is not something that you are likely ever to use, but for those in San Diego, CA, it may be a necessity.

Taking the time to learn about a few different types of home insurance can help you start to think about what coverage you need. General home policies cover things like fire, theft, break-ins, damage from storms, and injury of those that are on your property.

Most basic policies do not cover hurricane, earthquake, flood, or the cost of replacing very valuable collections that you may have. If you live in an area where floods are common, you may need a flood policy that can be tacked onto the cost of your basic policy. The same goes for hurricane and earthquake policies, they are not included in basic policies, but they can be added.

Similarly, if you have a large collection of jewelry, it may be safer to take out a policy that is just for those pieces than it would be to take out more home owners insurance that may or may not cover the replacement or retrieval of these pieces. On top of all that, you can take out more insurance on your home if you have made improvements to it.

The process of getting insurance for the value of your home is simple, the inspector will be sent from the agency, and they will valuate your home. This will allow them to set the coverage limits and determine pay outs if the home is a total loss or how to base their pay outs in the event of damage. Each location has different considerations and speaking with your agent if you live in the Hope Hills, NC area you can get the coverage you need.  Contact Cross Creek Insurance to learn more.